Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a quick and easy soup that is so satisfying! You can make it right in your blender or on the stove top!
Some days I need a little, ok maybe a big, reminder to eat more veggies! Cheese and wine, welp somehow I don’t need any reminders to eat those haha. I love this soup because it is so simple and full of cauliflower so creamy you won’t even know it’s mostly veggies. The combo of coconut milk + parmesan is also quite lovely. Best of all, you can make this all in your blender if you want to! Or make a big batch on the stove top and freeze and save for those nights when you need a quick and healthy dinner. Now, go make some soup and let me know how you like it!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
Easy Weeknight Recipes
I am all about recipes that not only taste great but are easy to make even on the busiest of evenings. That’s why I love blender soups. They are full of vegetables, hearty enough to be a meal and are the ultimate one post dish!
I feel like these days you can find cauliflower used in just about every kind of recipe from smoothies to pizza crust. You can’t say that about many other vegetables, that’s for sure. Cauliflower lends itself particularly well to so many recipes because it has a mild flavor that adapts to whatever you put with it. It also freezes well and when blended becomes creamy.
Pro-Tip: For this Creamy Cauliflower Soup, you can use fresh or frozen cauliflower, whichever you have on hand. I’ve used both for this recipe. If you use frozen, you’ll need a high powered blender or to let it thaw a bit to make sure you can get that super creamy texture.
One of my main goals with my recipes is to make people love vegetables! Anytime I get the chance to let them shine in a recipe it makes me happy. The cauliflower, creamy coconut milk and parmesan in this recipe make the yummiest flavor trifecta! All these ingredients come together and make a filling meal that saves and freezes well so that you can make this for dinner and have lunch all week or freeze and save for a quick dinner in the future.
You Might Also Love
Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup
4 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen will work)
3 cups low sodium chicken broth (can sub vegetable broth)
1 can or 13 ounces of full fat coconut milk (can sub whole milk)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
½ cup chopped white onion
5 cloves of fresh garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon each salt & black pepper
Chives, red pepper flakes, more salt, pepper and parmesan to taste
- Wash and roughly chop the cauliflower florets from the stem. Many local grocers sell cauliflower that has been pre-washed and chopped if you’re looking for a short cut. Dice the onions.
- Sauté onions with olive oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat for 15 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add cauliflower and one cup of broth. Sauté for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Put everything from the pot into a blender. Add the rest of the broth, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper.
- If using a high powered blender like a Vitamix, place on hot soup setting and let it blend. Watch out for the steam once it finishes! If you are using a normal blender, blend ingredients for 3-5 minutes or until very smooth. Pour back into pot and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 5 more minutes until hot throughout. Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve soup hot garnished with red pepper flakes and chives! Sprinkle in some more salt, pepper and parmesan if you like!