These Lemon Jam Cookie Cups are going to be a new favorite! Easy to make with store bought lemon curd and irresistible crumb topping!
Every year in my Holiday Cookie Box I include a lemon cookie or dessert in honor of my late grandmother. She loved lemon desserts and made them every Christmas and I always loved eating them with her. So each year, I like to get creative and make a lemon flavored treat that I she would love. These Lemon Jam Cookie Cups have a tender sable cookie base, lemon curd centers and the crumbly topping the brings it all together!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through these links I may earn a few pennies. Thanks for keeping this free blog going!
Lemon Jam Cookie Cups
In order to achieve the perfect Lemon Jam Cookie Cup, you will need to know a few things ahead of time!
- Be sure and pay attention to the chilling times. Just like with pie crust, you will want the butter and dough to be chilled before baking to get that tender crumb.
- I use store bought Lemon Curd to make this recipe easy! If lemon is not your thing, any thick jam will do. Strawberry, blueberry, apricot — whatever you like!
- The topping will be crumbly and have an almost sand-like texture. It will come together when baking for the perfect top to your cookie cup!
- Be sure and generously spray the muffin tins with non-stick spray. This will ensure easy removal after baking.
You Might Also Love
Lemon Jam Cookie Cups
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt reduce by half if using table salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt reduce by half if using table salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cold and cut into small cubes
- Begin by making the crumble topping. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, combine flour, both sugars, salt and cinnamon on low speed until evenly mixed. Then add cold butter cubes and vanilla and mix on medium low speed until crumbs form. Crumbs may be uneven, with some pieces larger than others and a somewhat sandy texture. Place into bowl, cover and chill for 30min.
- Meanwhile, make the cookies. Spray two standard size 12-cup muffin tins with non-stick spray and set aside. Next, beat butter, sugar, powdered sugar and salt together on medium speed until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Then add egg yolks one at a time until incorporated, then the vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl and add the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until incorporated and dough forms. It may be crumbly, be careful not to over mix.
- Divide dough into muffin tins. Press dough firmly and evenly into the bottom of each muffin well. Place tins into fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spoon 1/2 tsp of lemon curd into the center of each cookie. Sprinkle the crumble topping around the edges of the tins leaving the centers open and lemon curd exposed. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Halfway through baking time, rotate muffin tins to ensure each one is baked evenly.
- Let tins cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes then carefully remove cookies from tins and allow to cool completely. Stored covered for up to a week.