I did this take on tortellini for a potluck lunch at work. Its fun and easy and people just really loved the skewers haha.
Frozen Cheese Tortellini
Pesto (I used TexaFrance garlic pesto)
Boil the tortellini like normal. Don’t let them get too soft or they will fall off of the skewer.
Drain tortellini and mix in several spoonfuls of pesto.
Start sliding the tortellini onto the skewers. I put 3-4 on each skewer.
Place onto a platter. I tried to arrange these in a circular fashion at first but it looked really messy so I went with placing them all the same way and it looked much better.
2 great things about this dish:
- You can make it the night before and put in the fridge and serve cold the next day!
- The whole thing costs less than $10!
All summer I have been seeing different takes on grilled fruit. Yum! And there’s nothing I love more than a hearty fork and knife salad…so here goes!
Grilled Peaches with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
1-2 peaches (not too soft)
¼ lb prosciutto very thinly sliced
½ lb fresh mozzarella
Salt and Pepper (I like to use kosher salt)
1) Wash and slice peaches into eighths. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
2) Slice ½ inch thick pieces of mozzarella and have it ready when the peaches come off the grill.
3) Heat grill to about 350 degrees. Grill peaches for about 2min on each side. (The timing may vary grill to grill but long enough to get grill marks on each side)
4) Place mozzarella slices on peaches while still hot.
5) When peaches are cool enough to touch, wrap peaches and mozzarella with prosciutto.
6) Place prosciutto wrapped peaches on bed of arugula. Drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Voila! A perfect summer salad! These are also great sans arugula as an appetizer.