Are you all running around like a chicken with your head cut off too? Ok good. Glad I’m not alone there. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time perusing Pinterest for ideas about sides for tonight’s Friendsgiving I’m hosting. Then I spent all of last night grocery shopping and helping friends assemble dishes and casseroles for tonight’s feast. I’m making Granny’s Broccoli and Cheese Casserole! I can not wait to share that recipe with you all.
Luckily, I was able to pull off tonight’s Friendsgiving, mainly because its BYOB and everyone is bringing a side dish or dessert. But I still haven’t the faintest clue what I am going to make for my family on the big day. Although, I’m still not really allowed to cook for family yet. It’s Granny’s kitchen and I’m not supposed to get in the way! My Granny is a very sweet lady, but she still thinks I’m going to burn myself if I attempt to fry bacon or lose a finger if I dice an onion. Yes, I’m a 27 year old child in her eyes. So, my main job, is to taste test and clean up behind her. I still want to make something though, and I’m considering making one these yummy side dishes!
1. Heavenly Mashed Potatoes by Spoon Fork Bacon
2. Sautéed Acorn Squash by Cooking Planit
3. Creamy Fried Confetti Corn from Southern Living
4. White Cheddar Ancho Chile Grits adapted by me, originally from Bijouxs
5. Creamy Polenta from Cooking Planit
6. Quinoa with Butternut Squash and Pine Nuts from Cooking Planit
7. Green Beans with Creamy Mushrooms from Cooking Planit
8. Butternut Squash Gratin from Southern Living
9. Sweet Potato Bisque from Cooking Planit
10. White Cheddar Mac n Cheese from moi!
Let’s be real, it isn’t really Thanksgiving without loads of cheese and carbs! My two personal favorite food groups. What are you planning on making this year?
Leave a Reply