These Healthy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins are filled with real apples and simple ingredients. They are quick and delicious!
I love a good muffin recipe! Because muffins are one of those foods that are totally acceptable anytime of day. Muffins are great for breakfast. Perfect for a snack and just a tad sweet enough for dessert. I created this recipe to be a bit on the healthier side. I included rolled oats and lots of real apple pieces. Many apple muffin recipes call for applesauce but I love the texture of the actual apple in this muffin. This is such an easy recipe to make and something everyone will love!
This post is sponsored by RubyFrost Apples. As always, all opinions and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep this free blog going!
Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins
For this recipe, I used RubyFrost Apples because of how well they hold up while baking. They soften with baking but don’t lose their shape or become mushy. RubyFrost Apples are also wonderfully balanced flavor-wise and a nice balance of tart and sweet. They work really well in the muffin and don’t even turn brown so they look great too!
I love all the healthy, whole ingredients in this muffin. Like the oatmeal, cinnamon and real apple pieces. Because the RubyFrost Apples taste so great, I only needed to add a small amount of brown sugar to sweeten things up. Since these muffins have way less sugar than normal muffins, they are a great to enjoy anytime!
Oatmeal Apple Muffin Recipe Tips
I am including a few tips for making this recipe since it’s just a bit different. The batter will be on the drier side and since there is a large ratio of apple pieces to batter, you’ll want to scoop these into the muffin tin. You can fill them up and they will puff up slightly. These muffins will also be quite dense. You will want to store these in the fridge or freeze and then warm up. Because of the fresh apple pieces, they will only stay good at room temperature for up to two days. Especially in humid climates, you’ll want to store these in the fridge.
You Might Also Love
Healthy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt reduce by half if using table salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 RubyFrost Apples peeled, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool slightly. Meanwhile, peel and core RubyFrost Apples. Then dice into 1/2 inch sized pieces.
- In separate medium sized bowl, whisk together melted and cooled butter, with eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and glossy looking. Then add to dry ingredients and mix together. Mixture will be thick and slightly dry. Add in RubyFrost Apples and combine.
- Divide batter into muffin tin. Each cup will be really full. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the center most muffin. Enjoy warm. Store muffins in air tight container in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze for 6 months. Reheat and enjoy!