Fresh, light and filling. That is pretty much my requirements for meals this time of year. I am not a huge snacker by nature, I really like to save up my calories for meals. And if I’m being totally honest I don’t love snacks. I know! Some of y’all are probably shaking your heads right now but eating three square meals a day is what works for me. So I have to make the most of it and have filling meals to keep me from getting to epic hanger levels. Enter: Greek Chicken Quinoa Salad. Filling and it’s easy to make ahead for lunch or dinners for the week!
This recipe was part of a series I did with Austin Woman Magazine, so I even included a kid-friendly version. Which would be great for those of you who need a little snack in the morning or afternoon! Basically, I got ya covered with this recipe!
1/2 cup red quinoa
¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup quartered cucumber
¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, pitted
¼ cup red onion diced
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 breast of chicken
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons oregano
- Cook quinoa according to package, set aside.
- Grill or bake chicken breast over medium heat until it reaches 165 degrees.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and oregano and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, olives and onion to quinoa and toss together with dressing.
- Dice chicken and add to quinoa and serve.
- Can be prepped ahead of time and kept in the fridge for three days.
502 calories per serving, 27 grams of protein per serving
Keep ingredients separate and place diced chicken, vegetables and quinoa into a divider Tupperware. If your child will try it, throw in some olives or feta cheese. Otherwise, add a side of ranch or their favorite dipping sauce.