This might be one of my new favorites, y’all! Seriously, the self control it took to not a) eat all the bacon b) not eat all the goat cheese brie…. I could go on! I love a good goat cheese salad and this take on a one-bite appetizer is perfect for sharing this summer!
1lb organic strawberries
1 small wheel of Goat Cheese brie (or other soft cheese)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 pieces of bacon
Makes about 18 Goat Cheese Stuffed Strawberry Bites
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp, then drain on a paper towel.
- Let goat cheese brie come to room temperature so it will be easier to scoop.
- Heat balsamic vinegar over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Leave in pan, turn off heat and let cool and become a sticky, syrup consistency.
- Slice strawberries in half and use a spoon to scoop out the inside hull or white part.
- Scoop about a teaspoon of goat cheese brie into the center of the scooped out strawberry halves.
- Drizzle with small amount of balsamic vinegar reduction about 1/8 of a teaspoon.
- Top with a little bit of bacon and serve!