This Easy Twisted Cinnamon Roll recipe is just what you need for Saturday morning!
Brunch wouldn’t be complete without satisfying that sweet tooth! Sometimes I even like to begin my brunch with a shared sweet and this Easy Twisted Cinnamon Roll is something you can whip up on the fly for a group or yourself. Hey no judgement here! Grab a fork and dive in!
You Might Also Love Dulce de Leche Doughnuts
Easy Twisted Cinnamon Roll
1lb Prepared Pizza Dough
1/2 cup chopped and toasted pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
3 oz. of softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons white sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by toasting the pecans. Gently stir them over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until fragrant.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together. Then stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt until well mixed. Next add the pecans.
- Roll out pizza dough into large rectangle. Spread creamed sugar pecan mixture all over.
- Grease a 9in cake pan with butter. Then sprinkle the white sugar onto the bottom.
- Gently fold dough in half and press the edges until sealed.
- Cut the dough into five strips. Twist the stripes and begin layering them into the pan. This might get a little messy!
- Bake the twisted cinnamon roll for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the caramel glaze. Boil the sugar, cream and butter over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Remove the cinnamon roll from the pan using a knife to loosen the edges and a spatula to transfer the roll onto a serving dish.
- Drizzle with the caramel glaze and serve warm.
Leave a Reply