Yes, it’s strawberry season! Probably one of my favorite things about spring. Even though I usually like veggies over fruit, perfectly fresh and juicy strawberries are pretty hard to resist. I made this jam based off of my recipe for Hatch Chile and Peach Jam. Its quick and easy, it’s not the jam you need a bunch of equipment for, this one you should keep in the fridge and enjoy immediately.
I mean these are so pretty. I just want to stare at this photo all day haha.
1lb fresh strawberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 seeds from a vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1) Dice strawberries into small pieces.
2) Combine sugars, vanilla, strawberries and lemon juice into small pot. Melt until bubbling.
3) Using a whisk, fork or even potato masher, crush strawberries in pot. They don’t need to be completely crushed, but break up chunks.
4) Combine corn starch with one teaspoon water and stir together. Add to pot and stir into jam.
5) The jam will be a little thin at this point. Pour into jar and let cool completely. This jam will keep in the fridge for a few weeks. Enjoy!
If you are wondering what to do with this jam, well there are sandwiches and toast, obviously. Or if you’re feeling extra sweet one of my favorite desserts is Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie!