This is definitely a cravable and easy appetizer you can throw together before any party or get together! Bonus all you have to do bake these! I included a recipe for a homemade, pesto-y dipping sauce but you can buy a jar at the store making this super easy, peasy! No excuses this summer, have some friends over for a get together!
24 frozen cheese tortellini
2 cups panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons dried italian herbs
For pesto dipping sauce:
1 cup curly parsley
1/2 cup cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 ounces fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 jalapeno seeds removed
- Whisk eggs and place into small bowl.
- Mix panko and herbs together in a separate bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip tortellini in egg then into panko mixture.
- Place onto baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes for 350 degrees.
- Serve hot alongside pesto dipping sauce and top with additional parsley if desired.
- While tortellini are baking, blend parsley, cilantro, jalapeno, olive oil, salt and lemon juice together in a blender or food processor.
- Serve with tortellini.
- Extra pesto will keep in the fridge for about a week. Use it on salads, soups and pastas!