Hooray for SXSW 2015! It was a doozey, but a very fun doozey nevertheless. I am fortunate to live and work close to all the hoopla, so I get to experience it first hand. This year the entire festival took a few steps backwards and chilled out a little bit. I must say, it made it a little more enjoyable for me this year. I didn’t have nearly as much FOMO ( that is Fear Of Missing Out for you Pop Pop) and actually got to make it to a lot of shows and have more fun instead of worrying about what everyone else was doing. I did do a few things differently this year, I didn’t want to use SXSW as an excuse to not get anything done, so here are a few tips I learned over the years:
1) Take shower everyday. If you’re a dude you might not get this but ladies trust, a good shower everyday made me feel like a new woman.
2) I did all my laundry BEFORE the whole started.
3) I answered almost all of my emails within 24hrs. Yes. Almost all of them. Then I didn’t have a pile waiting for me when I got back to the office. So worth it.
4) Tried to eat a vegetable a day and drank an entire 8oz of water before I did anything every morning. Taking care of myself made everything a lot better because I didn’t feel like complete crap from all the food and drinking. Just really sore from all the walking and standing, ha.
5) Remembered to take pictures of my friends, not just the food!
The last one is something I’ve been working on more in general. I often feel compelled to the most instagram-worthy photo whether it be of food or scenery, but I forget in that moment that when I look back those photos don’t mean nearly as much as the people who were there for it. So in general, I am working on #posthepeople.
Scroll through a few of my snapshots from SXSW!
Lots of fun on the Roca Patron Party train. This thing is so ornate and decked out. It also really does move people across the country, so crazy!
Photo booths, always do the photo booths.
My friend Suzie Baleson and her company Wellthily partnered up with Under Armour for a great event this year! We got a workout in and some top notch apparel which includes this jacket that is perfect post workout for wearing to brunch!
One of my favorite parties year after year is Nerds Rock at uShip! This year the bakery I work with Delish supplied official Pi Day Cookies! They make my favorite cookie called the Boring O’ Sugar Cookie but there is nothing boring about it!
Meredith Cranch should win party planner of the year for all the work she puts into Nerds Rock every year! Always a great time and she even stopped for .5 seconds to take this pic with me!
I was lucky enough to see Jimmy Kimmel not once but twice last week! SO fun! Definitely worth experiencing if you ever get the chance!
The adorable Lindsay Singletary put on a great party at Knot Standard, a custom men’s clothing line, including Austin’s the Whalers. If you’re looking for a custom suit or even shirts, Lindsay is your gal!
Bleachers at Fader Fort.
Wu Tang Clan at Fader Fort. Saw these guys a ton at SX and everytime was great!
Always find the outlets and recharge at the bar. That’s what I do!
Always #putaneggonit. Always. One of my favorite orders from Swift’s Attic the Korean BBQ and add a massive fried egg. Perfect pre-show fuel.
Drinks, queso flameado and ceviche at La Condesa post Jimmy Kimmel.
There were so many fun events, I couldn’t quite fit them all in one post. Until next year SX!