Summer is just around the corner! And for my third recipe for Austin Woman this month is perfect for our spring here is Austin that is always a just a liiiiiitle bit warmer than everywhere else. Honestly, this No-Churn Blackberry Ice Cream is one of the better recipes I’ve ever made, especially when it comes to desserts! I’ve never had much of a sweet tooth until recently. I guess tastebuds really do change! This creamy, fruity and yes, sweet ice cream is just what you need to end your meal.
No-Churn Blackberry Ice Cream
Makes 6-8 servings
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean pod
24 oz blackberries
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pulse blackberries in a food processor until smooth. Pour blackberry paste through a fine mesh sieve to strain pulp. Discard pulp.
- Place blackberry juice into a small pot and combine with lemon juice and sugar over medium heat. Stirring frequently, reduce blackberry juice for 5-7 minutes until thickened. Let cool.
- Beat heavy cream on medium speed until medium peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed and gently pour in sweetened condensed milk for an additional one minute of mixing.
- Using a spatula, fold vanilla extract and vanilla bean pods into cream.
- Stir in blackberry paste and place into a metal loaf pan. Let chill in the freezer covered for at least 5 hours before serving.